Issues facing the chemicals sector
The chemicals sector faces a range of challenges, with increasing pressure on margins, additional regulatory burdens and a reducing European market share. At the same time, Brazil, China and other Asian countries present opportunities in terms of emerging markets. We work with you to tackle difficult issues and reduce risk whilst protecting and developing your businesses in the process.
How we can help
Eversheds' chemicals sector group can offer advice and solutions on all issues relating to the sector, including acquisition and disposal work, real estate, pensions, environmental and health and safety compliance, competition, intellectual property and dispute management. In addition, our specialist team can advise you on highly technical and specific areas such as the Industrial Emissions Directive, REACH, CRC, Hydraulic fracturing and nanotechnology.
Through Eversheds' extensive international network and our external contacts we combine our expertise to provide a seamless cross-border service. We act for a wide range of clients in the sector and our close relationships are enhanced through secondments and our partnering approach. Our work with trade associations and consultants means that we have a deep understanding of the issues affecting you and can bring together the right team to meet your needs.
- Brussels Chemicals e-Briefing: Final registration round for chemicals under REACH
- Final EEA REACH Registration Deadline 31 May 2018
- UK: Privacy and information law update: Enforced subject access: A new criminal offence under the Data Protection Act 1998
- The prosecution and sentencing of international organisations for health and safety and corporate manslaughter offences: proposed new sentencing guidelines and piercing the corporate veil
- European Commission challenge tax rulings as illegal state aid