Energy law and natural resources
Key legal issues
The energy ‘trilemma’ of carbon emissions, energy cost and energy security are hot topics internationally as people become increasingly concerned by the need to ensure continuity of energy supply and the impacts of climate change and global warming. It is a complicated area, where detailed knowledge of the relevant legal issues affecting the energy sector needs to be allied to an acute understanding of the commercial challenges.
How our energy lawyers can help
We have more than 80 energy lawyers across our international offices with an in-depth understanding of the energy industry, the agenda of the major players, and the regulatory and competitive framework in which they operate.
Our energy lawyers have extensive experience and expertise in a wide range of oil, gas, LNG, electricity, nuclear and renewable and sustainable energy projects.
The firm has particular experience in oil, gas and power projects in the UK, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
Contact a specialist
- +44 207 919 0977
- E-mail Paul Wootton
News and publications
- Energy e-briefing: Unfair terms and consumers: Are you ready for the proposed unfair terms reform?
- Energy e-briefing: Changes to the consumer law framework in England and Wales - now expected in 2014
- Clean Energy e-briefing: Renewable Heat Incentive: Increasing the Incentive
- Clean Energy e-briefing: UK Rejects 2030 Carbon Target
- Shale Gas e-briefing: UK shale gas spotlight hits the East Midlands
- View more news
Clean energy blog
Visit the clean energy blog for the latest news and information at cleanenergyblog.eversheds.com.