Legal advice for the financial institutions sector
The financial institutions sector operates against a backdrop of rapid development, managed risk, stringent regulation and fluctuating economic conditions. The sector is coming under ever-increasing scrutiny and the operating environment remains pressured. Financial transactions are increasingly global with the need for institutions to operate across competitive international markets.
With business models being tested, the need to mitigate risk and adapt to changing market conditions is paramount. Businesses require their advisers to combine technical expertise with market insight and experience.
Our approach to legal services for financial institutions
Eversheds LLP is a global law firm with many leading financial institutions as clients. In addition, Eversheds Compliance Consulting is a fast growing regulatory compliance consulting firm that operates alongside the law firm. As such, we offer a unique combination of legal clarity and rigour together with the understanding of the broader business and operational impact of regulation which consultants bring to a project. This ensures that we can tailor appropriate yet comprehensive solutions to regulatory issues.
Our dedicated international sector group offers the benefit of over two decades of experience advising in relation to the issues and developments impacting upon the market. Few law firms are able to combine industry specific skills with the breadth of resource offered by Eversheds across multiple jurisdictions.
We advise the following categories of financial institutions:
- Fund and asset managers
- Insurance market players
- Retail finance providers
- Alternative capital providers
- Real estate investors
Specialist services to financial institutions from Eversheds includes:
- International banking and finance
- Asset management, funds and derivatives
- Financial services regulatory disputes and investigations
- Global outsourcing and procurement
- Digital financial services
- IT, IP and data protection/data privacy
- Employment, pensions and employee benefits
- Global real estate portfolio management
- Financial services and commercial dispute resolution
- International arbitration
- White collar crime
- Corporate M&A and tax
- Private equity
- Competition and dawn raids
- Insurance & reinsurance
- Claims, recoveries and mortgage enforcement
- Financial services compliance
- Interim lawyer solutions (Eversheds Agile)
- Banking Capital Adequacy Update: the Eurosystem contribution to the European Commission's consultation on further considerations for implementing NSFR
- Digital Financial Services: Where are we now?
- Final reminder for Prospectus updates for UCITS V
- Eversheds Italy advises UniCredit and syndicate of banks on financing of sale of Fifth Avenue hotel
- Eversheds Bianchini welcomes Marco Franzini as new banking and private equity partner
- Eversheds opens seventh Middle East office in Kurdistan Region
- Eversheds advises UK Asset Resolution on £400m loans sale