Legal advice for the financial institutions sector
The financial institutions sector operates against a backdrop of rapid development, managed risk, stringent regulation and fluctuating economic conditions. The sector is coming under ever-increasing scrutiny and the operating environment remains pressured. Financial transactions are increasingly global with the need for institutions to operate across competitive international markets.
With business models being tested, the need to mitigate risk and adapt to changing market conditions is paramount. Businesses require their advisers to combine technical expertise with market insight and experience.
Our approach to legal services
Our dedicated international sector group offers the benefit of over two decades of experience advising in relation to the issues and developments impacting upon the market. Few law firms are able to combine industry specific skills with the breadth of resource offered by us across multiple jurisdictions.
We advise the following financial institutions:
- Asset managers and funds
- Insurance markets
- Retail finance providers.
We provide the following advice to financial institution clients:
- International banking and finance
- Asset management, funds and derivatives
- Financial service regulatory and investigations
- Global outsourcing and procurement
- IT, IP and data protection
- Employment, pensions and employee benefits
- Global real estate portfolio management
- Financial services dispute resolution
- International arbitration
- White collar crime
- Corporate M&A and tax
- Private equity
- Competition and dawn raids
- Insurance & reinsurance
- Claims, recoveries and mortgage enforcement
- EU Advocate General gives landmark opinion in relation to the VAT treatment of property services to Real Estate Funds (C-595/13)
- Retail finance round-up
- Are you ready for the new rules on Credit Write-Backs?
- Eversheds Italy advises UniCredit and syndicate of banks on financing of sale of Fifth Avenue hotel
- Eversheds Bianchini welcomes Marco Franzini as new banking and private equity partner
- Eversheds opens seventh Middle East office in Kurdistan Region
- Eversheds advises UK Asset Resolution on £400m loans sale