Legal issues facing the food and drink sector
There are many international legal issues facing the food and drink sector - health & safety, food miles, price inflation, competition, fair price to producers and affordability, all contributing to the difficult economic conditions we are currently experiencing. We are also seeing new legislation and tougher regulations being implemented on the environment, packaging, branding and waste.
Not only is obesity increasing but so is consumers' interest in nutritional content, animal welfare and organic ranges. Food and drink manufacturers, distributors and retailers are feeling the pressure to meet both consumer and regulatory demands whilst securing the future success of their business. Being aware of the burning issues and providing reliable and timely advice is something that our food specialists pride themselves on.
How we can help food and drink manufacturers, distributors and retailers with their legal needs
Eversheds has a dedicated international food and drink sector team and we act for more than 300 clients and are the recognised leaders in this field. Our work ranges from corporate finance, acquisition and disposal work in relation to companies involved in food and drink manufacture, distribution and retailing, through to the highly technical and specific areas such as food labelling, European food regulation and bioscience related issues.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our services please contact our team at email@example.com.
News and publications
- The Groceries Code Adjudicator issues guidance on appeals
- Germany: Federal Cartel Office bans food retail giant EDEKA from squeezing suppliers, Edeka goes to Court
- New US and EU sanctions against Russia
- European Commission aims to level the playing field between suppliers and large customers by introducing recommendations on unfair trade practices
- Chinas Ministry of Commerce announces intention to investigate 80 industries regarding possible anti-competitive conduct
- View more news
Food and Drink Legal webinars