Legal issues facing the food and drink sector
There are many international legal issues facing the food and drink sector - health & safety, food miles, price inflation, competition, fair price to producers and affordability, all contributing to the difficult economic conditions we are currently experiencing. We are also seeing new legislation and tougher regulations being implemented on the environment, packaging, branding and waste.
Not only is obesity increasing but so is consumers' interest in nutritional content, animal welfare and organic ranges. Food and drink manufacturers, distributors and retailers are feeling the pressure to meet both consumer and regulatory demands whilst securing the future success of their business. Being aware of the burning issues and providing reliable and timely advice is something that our food specialists pride themselves on.
How we can help food and drink manufacturers, distributors and retailers with their legal needs
Eversheds has a dedicated international food and drink sector team and we act for more than 300 clients and are the recognised leaders in this field. Our work ranges from corporate finance, acquisition and disposal work in relation to companies involved in food and drink manufacture, distribution and retailing, through to the highly technical and specific areas such as food labelling, European food regulation and bioscience related issues.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our services please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News and publications
- Investigations: Sherry Wine Cartel - Court Substantially Reduces Fines
- Food and Drink sector hot topic: New Rules for the Employment Tribunals
- Food and drink sector hot topic: Italy: implementing ICA Regulations new powers to inspect commercial relationships in the food supply chain
- Food and drink sector hot topic: The M&A Blueprint: Benchmarking tool
- Food and drink sector hot topic: Toast of the Town: Chinese Competition Agencies impose record fines against State Owned alcohol producers for Resale Price Maintenance
- View more news