Legal issues facing the retail sector
The retail landscape is changing rapidly, making it amongst the most challenging of all industry sectors.
Price deflation, the increasing migration of brands, shifting patterns of consumer preferences, the drive to create value, slowdowns in consumer spending, pressure on margins - these are some of the issues retailers face.
Retailers need advisers with a high degree of sector-specific knowledge to help turn threats into opportunities, reduce risks and ensure they can evolve strategies for success.
How Eversheds can help retailers with their legal needs
Our specialist retail lawyers offer the full suite of legal services required by retailers including strategic advice on international expansion, whether through acquisition, own stores, concessions, franchising or other routes to market. And our retail team can guide you through all the other issues on which you need support, including:
- retail regulation
- advertising and promotions
- real estate portfolio management
- health and safety
- website trading and data privacy.
We can also provide retailers who operate in multiple jurisdictions a fully managed and controlled service across their territories to ensure that they have a properly structured system for external legal support.
Eversheds is consistently top-ranked by Chambers (the independent guide to law firms) for its retail expertise.
News and publications
- The Pensions Regulators new funding guidance: a balanced approach?
- Education HR e-briefing 560: Shared parental leave
- .clothing opens for business
- Report on regulating the growth of fast food outlets
- Pensions speedbrief:New Guidance from the Pensions Regulator on asset-backed contributions
- View more news