Legal issues facing the technology, media and telecoms sector
Technology, media and telecoms ("TMT") companies face a number of challenges within this rapidly changing sector. Consumers continue to drive harder bargains both in terms of cost and value, as well as seeking guarantees for future improvements for licensing models and products and services.
We advise over 500 clients in this field, delivering tailored legal advice.
As such, TMT companies are increasingly focused on how they can maximise their own business in order to win customers by meeting/exceeding their needs, whilst continuing to flourish as a profitable business.
Tailored legal advice for TMT clients
Some of the key areas our TMT clients have needed assistance include:
- pan international advice on global deals
- buying in of intellectual property rich add-ons and strategic acquisitions
- sale of non core assets and businesses
- laws and contractual framework around emerging technology and business models such as
- open source software
- virtualisation, whether buying in or selling out
- regulatory advice
- data privacy
- environmental and regulatory regimes
- outsourcing (as a supplier or customer)
- joint ventures
- HR change management projects, rationalisation and pension scheme variations
- disputes and dispute resolution.
How can we help your business?
Our international TMT sector group provides a combination of a deep understanding of the sector and significant experience in acting for TMT suppliers and customers who procure goods and services. We adapt rapidly to the fast-paced TMT market, working with our clients to find solutions that are tailored to their needs.
Our work includes:
|acquisition and disposal||HR|
|branding||protection and exploitation|
|contracts and outsourcing||regulatory advice|
|corporate finance||reputation management|
|dispute resolution||trading in countries where businesses have no presence|
|export and import queries|
We advise over 500 clients in this field, delivering tailored legal advice and providing the advantage of cost savings from working on similar issues for TMT businesses. Our international project management approach to legal services provides greater control and predictability, allowing clients to reduce workload, minimise disruption and get the best project outcome, on time and within budget.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our services please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact a specialist
- +44 121 232 1220
- E-mail Charlotte Walker-Osborn
Choose a country
Select a country to see localised services
- Cybercrime: What is coming and what can we do to prevent it?
- UK Consumer Rights Bill and the impact on the TMT sector: Major changes ahead in 2015
- Government seeks to expand scope of data retention laws under new counter-terrorism bill
- Online copyright infringement
- Security still a major barrier to adoption of cloud