Competition, EU and Regulatory
Competition and antitrust is a rapidly changing area. As well as substantial fines and damages claims, criminal offences and directors' disqualification are now a real possibility in some jurisdictions. Our approach is to help you identify and deal with the risks across your business.
The Eversheds Competition, EU and Regulatory group is recognised as one of Europe's leading competition/antitrust practices, with over 30 lawyers located throughout Europe. Several of our lawyers are recognised by legal directory Chambers as leaders in the field. This puts us in the top rank of competition/antitrust lawyers. A number of our lawyers have also spent time working in DG Competition and in national competition authorities, including sector regulators, giving us a real insight into procedure and practice across Europe.
We regularly handle the most complex M&A cases, as well as advising on a very wide range of leading edge behavioural and investigatory work. Our approach is practical and commercial. We work alongside our clients day to day to ensure that their commercial strategies requirements and agreements meet competition law and we steer them through investigations when these arise.
Our practice also covers broader issues of EU law, state aid and procurement challenges, as well as contentious competition matters.
News and publications
- Rail speed briefing: New consultation on the impacts of regulation, industry arrangements and practices for rail ticket selling
- The new Italian Framework on Consumer Protection and the related enforcement power of the ICA
- Acquisition of SFR by Altice-Numericable - Remedies expected for antitrust clearance
- EU Court upholds General Court’s decision to reject MasterCard’s appeal over card fees
- EU implements further sanctions against Russia despite cease-fire in Ukraine
- View more articles