Competition, EU and Regulatory
Competition and antitrust is a rapidly changing area. As well as substantial fines and damages claims, criminal offences and directors' disqualification are now a real possibility in some jurisdictions. Our approach is to help you identify and deal with the risks across your business.
The Eversheds Competition, EU and Regulatory group is recognised as one of Europe's leading competition/antitrust practices, with over 30 lawyers located throughout Europe. Several of our lawyers are recognised by legal directory Chambers as leaders in the field. This puts us in the top rank of competition/antitrust lawyers. A number of our lawyers have also spent time working in DG Competition and in national competition authorities, including sector regulators, giving us a real insight into procedure and practice across Europe.
We regularly handle the most complex M&A cases, as well as advising on a very wide range of leading edge behavioural and investigatory work. Our approach is practical and commercial. We work alongside our clients day to day to ensure that their commercial strategies requirements and agreements meet competition law and we steer them through investigations when these arise.
Our practice also covers broader issues of EU law, state aid and procurement challenges, as well as contentious competition matters.
News and publications
- Germany: Federal Cartel Office bans food retail giant EDEKA from squeezing suppliers, Edeka goes to Court
- Export control and sanctions update: EU restrictive measures against Russia
- European Commission aims to level the playing field between suppliers and large customers by introducing recommendations on unfair trade practices
- Merger reform given green light in Ireland
- European Commission proposes reforms to merger control regime
- View more articles