Competition, EU and Regulatory
Competition and antitrust is a rapidly changing area. As well as substantial fines and damages claims, criminal offences and directors' disqualification are now a real possibility in some jurisdictions. Our approach is to help you identify and deal with the risks across your business.
The Eversheds Competition, EU and Regulatory group is recognised as one of Europe's leading competition/antitrust practices, with over 30 lawyers located throughout Europe. Several of our lawyers are recognised by legal directory Chambers as leaders in the field. This puts us in the top rank of competition/antitrust lawyers. A number of our lawyers have also spent time working in DG Competition and in national competition authorities, including sector regulators, giving us a real insight into procedure and practice across Europe.
We regularly handle the most complex M&A cases, as well as advising on a very wide range of leading edge behavioural and investigatory work. Our approach is practical and commercial. We work alongside our clients day to day to ensure that their commercial strategies requirements and agreements meet competition law and we steer them through investigations when these arise.
Our practice also covers broader issues of EU law, state aid and procurement challenges, as well as contentious competition matters.
News and publications
- EU and India sign cooperation agreement in the field of competition law
- Retail Legal Update - Apple brings Burberry chief on board to lead their retail revitalisation
- Retail Legal Update - China marks fifth anniversary of its anti-monopoly law with landmark vertical price fixing decision
- China marks fifth anniversary of its anti-monopoly law with landmark vertical price fixing decision
- El Lunes 7 de Octubre Arrancó su Actividad La Nueva Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y de la Competencia
- View more articles