Competition, EU and Regulatory
Competition and antitrust is a rapidly changing area. As well as substantial fines and damages claims, criminal offences and directors' disqualification are now a real possibility in some jurisdictions. Our approach is to help you identify and deal with the risks across your business.
The Eversheds Competition, EU and Regulatory group is recognised as one of Europe's leading competition/antitrust practices, with over 30 lawyers located throughout Europe. Several of our lawyers are recognised by legal directory Chambers as leaders in the field. This puts us in the top rank of competition/antitrust lawyers. A number of our lawyers have also spent time working in DG Competition and in national competition authorities, including sector regulators, giving us a real insight into procedure and practice across Europe.
We regularly handle the most complex M&A cases, as well as advising on a very wide range of leading edge behavioural and investigatory work. Our approach is practical and commercial. We work alongside our clients day to day to ensure that their commercial strategies requirements and agreements meet competition law and we steer them through investigations when these arise.
Our practice also covers broader issues of EU law, state aid and procurement challenges, as well as contentious competition matters.
News and publications
- The Long March: The final hurdle is cleared in Glencore’s takeover of Xstrata as Chinese Regulators give merger the go ahead
- Putting solar power in the shade: European Commission proposes severe ‘anti-dumping’ duties on Chinese solar panel manufacturers
- Use of export controls to limit export of defective bomb detectors
- Investigations: Sherry Wine Cartel - Court Substantially Reduces Fines
- Export Control Update: Changes made to UK's list of controlled military items
- View more articles