Financial Services Disputes and Investigations
Eversheds advises many of the world’s largest financial institutions and corporates on their most complex and high-value contentious legal matters. Our team has grown rapidly, and has been shaped to respond to the elevated levels of regulatory and corporate risk since the financial crisis.
Our 275 lawyer team is headquartered in London, and operates in over 30 markets. We are called upon by client organisations – particularly global banks, fund managers and regulated global corporates – to contain risk, build compliance programmes, run investigations and manage disputes.
The team is particularly well-known for its work in those investigations and inquiries large enough to present systemic risk. For example, we are handling mis-selling investigations that are worth several billion dollars each and have been appointed to the FCA/PRA Skilled Person Panel for Governance, Controls & Risk Frameworks, Conduct of Business and Financial Crime.
- Project Violet – instructed by one of the world’s leading banks to investigate and synthesise information from its business customers to enable it to make remediation decisions regarding the alleged mis-selling of interest rate hedging products.
- Project Phoebe section 166 – instructed by one of the world’s leading banks to act as the FCA’s skilled person in the investigation of and reporting on the bank’s handling of its own internal investigation of LIBOR rate submissions.
- Project Caspian – instructed by the national oil company of a Middle Eastern country in its arbitral dispute with an international oil company where it was alleged that corruption was at the very heart of the formation of the contracts. This led to a 5 week hearing in The Hague. It is a £4 billion claim.
We also offer cross-border advice and dispute management services in financial centres around the globe. We have top-ranked specialists in regulatory enforcement, bribery and corruption, competition and antitrust, fraud, insurance matters and money laundering. We arbitrate and litigate internationally and locally, and are growing our presence across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Clients choose us for our legal skills and our experience, but they are also drawn to Eversheds for its best-in-class project management, innovation and cost control. We quickly deploy large teams using our global resources, and provide innovative staffing models and accurate budget forecasts for even the most complex mandates.
Our team has come a long way. Already we are the firm of choice for many global institutions for their biggest concerns – and recently were named “best law firm” in an extensive poll of in-house counsel by Legal Business. We will continue to grow with our clients across borders, and take on more of the very toughest challenges they face.
- Attorney at Law, M.B.L.-HSG
- +41 22 818 45 00
- E-mail Grégoire Mangeat
News and publications
- Eversheds' Spotlight - The Global FSDI Briefing
- TMT legal update: Banks told to address Heartbleed Bug
- The FCA Business Plan and Risk Outlook 2014 for asset managers
- Regulatory change FCA Research into Vulnerable Customers and Consumer Credit
- Unfair relationships what does the future hold?
- View more news