Financial Services Disputes and Investigations
Eversheds advises many of the world’s largest financial institutions and corporates on their most complex and high-value contentious legal matters. Our Financial services team has grown rapidly, and has been shaped to respond to the elevated levels of regulatory and corporate risk since the financial crisis.
Our team is headquartered in London, and operates in multiple global markets. We are called upon by client organisations – particularly global banks, fund managers and regulated global corporates – to contain risk, build compliance programmes, run investigations and manage disputes.
Financial services disputes and investigations - experience
The team is particularly well-known for its work in investigations and inquiries large enough to present systemic risk. For example, we are handling mis-selling investigations that are worth several billion dollars each and have been appointed to the FCA/PRA Skilled Person Panel for Governance, Controls & Risk Frameworks, Conduct of Business and Financial Crime.
- Project Violet – instructed by one of the world’s leading banks to investigate and synthesise information from its business customers to enable it to make remediation decisions regarding the alleged mis-selling of interest rate hedging products.
- Project Phoebe section 166 – instructed by one of the world’s leading banks to act as the FCA’s skilled person in the investigation of and reporting on the bank’s handling of its own internal investigation of LIBOR rate submissions.
Financial services disputes and investigations - expertise
We also offer cross-border advice and dispute management services in financial centres around the globe. We have top-ranked specialists in regulatory enforcement, bribery and corruption, competition and antitrust, fraud, insurance matters and money laundering. We arbitrate and litigate internationally and locally, and are growing our presence across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Clients choose us for our legal skills and our experience, but they are also drawn to Eversheds for its best-in-class project management, innovation and cost control. We quickly deploy large teams using our global resources, and provide innovative staffing models and accurate budget forecasts for even the most complex mandates.
Our team has come a long way. Already we are the firm of choice for many global institutions for their biggest concerns – and recently were named “best law firm” in an extensive poll of in-house counsel by Legal Business. We will continue to grow with our clients across borders, and take on more of the very toughest challenges they face.
News and publications
- Payment Matters No 11 - Europe and beyond
- Payment Matters No 11 - UK
- Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme: A new mandatory energy assessment scheme for large undertakings
- ESMA discussion paper on the calculation of counterparty risk by UCITS for OTC financial derivative transactions subject to clearing obligations
- EMIR European Commission responds to ESMAs request to clarify the definition of derivative
- View more news