Insurance and Reinsurance legal advice
Eversheds has an established reputation for handling large, complex international insurance and reinsurance disputes and advising on regulatory and commercial issues in the insurance sector. As the industry continues to acclimatise to changes in its regulatory environment and cope with ongoing macroeconomic uncertainty, we provide our clients with a trusted source of top-class legal and commercial advice.
Insurance and reinsurance - experience
Shortlisted in the last four years for “Insurance Team of the Year” at the Legal Business Awards, our specialist lawyers act for several of the industry’s biggest names, including Jardine Lloyd Thompson, XL Group and Aon. We also take regular instructions from the firm’s financial services and corporate clients, and have an outstanding record in handling disputes involving brokers.
Ours is a full-service offering, although we are particularly well-known for:
- insurance coverage issues and disputes
- professional negligence claims against brokers
- complex D&O coverage work
- regulatory advice
- insurance product design
Headquartered in Europe, the team works across our global network serving clients’ needs wherever they arise.
Recent work has included acting for:
- GDF Suez in a £100m insurance dispute concerning a business interruption claim due to a damaged power station turbine.
- IRB on the management of its compliance and claims handling functions in its London branch.