Insurance and Reinsurance
Insurance and reinsurance are highly complex areas in which there is no substitute for market knowledge, technical excellence and sector expertise.
Our international insurance and reinsurance team is recognised as a leader in the field, bringing a long track record of great results, innovative attitudes, highly effective advice and a level of service few law firms can match.
Our clients benefit from insurance expertise across our international network of offices which means that we are able to look after our clients' interests wherever they arise.
We advise insurers, reinsurers, brokers, financial institutions and insured corporates on all manner of insurance issues including:
- insurance coverage issues and disputes
- the investigation and defence of liability, property, casualty, speciality and marine insurance and reinsurance claims
- acting in professional negligence claims against brokers
- all aspects of underwriting, selling, distribution, conduct and administration of insurance business
- the regulation of insurance business
- insurance industry M&A transactions and insolvency
- insurance market joint ventures, 'white labelling' deals, third party administration and outsourcing
- life sector business including large scale reinsurances, multi-tie panel appointments, outsourcing, product review and second hand products
- corporate recovery issues for participants and stakeholders in the run-off and insolvency markets
- insurance product design
- Part VII transfers, FSA block transfers schemes of arrangement and Part IV cancellations
- IT, e-commerce and data protection issues
- intellectual property, banding and licensing
News and publications
- What Duties Does A Lead Underwriter Owe To Following Underwriters When Settling A Claim?
- Solvency II - Is it fixed now?
- IMD2 polishing the gold-plate or transformational?
- Distribution of Insurance Policies via a German Coffee Chain Declared Inadmissible
- Draft EU General Data Protection Regulation: Update & Impact On Insurance Sector
- View more news