Investment Treaty Arbitration
We have one of the world's leading investment treaty practices, advising both investors and host States.
For investors, we regularly advise on structuring investments to maximise investment treaty protection. For States, we assist in the negotiation and drafting of investment treaties. This makes us particularly well attuned to the concerns arising from both perspectives.
We represent both States and investors in all stages of disputes, from the choice of arbitrators and initiation of proceedings through pleadings and advocacy to enforcement, execution and challenge of arbitral awards. This includes acting in investment disputes arising out of nationalisation or privatisation.
Our practice draws significantly on our long established Public International Law expertise, and has broad sector experience, including:
- Construction and engineering
- Infrastructure and development projects
- Oil, gas and other natural resources
- Mining and exploration
- Public services
- Insurance and reinsurance
News and publications
- The Enforceability Of Arbitration Awards Made
- Arsanovia: Testily Suppressing Certainty Regarding The Governing Law Of An Arbitration Agreement
- ZURICH: The 2012 ICC rules pitfalls and best practices
- International law and US court jurisdiction: the Kiobel decision
- Kiobel: A narrower ambit for the Alien Tort Statute
- View more news