Investment Treaty Arbitration
We have one of the world's leading investment treaty practices, advising both investors and host States.
For investors, we regularly advise on structuring investments to maximise investment treaty protection. For States, we assist in the negotiation and drafting of investment treaties. This makes us particularly well attuned to the concerns arising from both perspectives.
We represent both States and investors in all stages of disputes, from the choice of arbitrators and initiation of proceedings through pleadings and advocacy to enforcement, execution and challenge of arbitral awards. This includes acting in investment disputes arising out of nationalisation or privatisation.
Our practice draws significantly on our long established Public International Law expertise, and has broad sector experience, including:
- Construction and engineering
- Infrastructure and development projects
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Mining and exploration
- Oil, gas and other natural resources
- Public services
Contact a specialist
- +33 1 55 73 41 15
- E-mail Will Thomas
News and publications
- International arbitration Africa style
- They want the Beatles; they get the Wombles: Does arbitrating in London bring nasty surprises?
- They think its all over. . . The rights of non-participants in arbitration
- PIL COLUMN: ICJ rules in Hindu temple dispute
- The Enforceability Of Arbitration Awards Made
- View more news