Legal solutions for your outsourcing projectsOutsourcing is a tool used by most organisations, enabling them to focus efforts on their core business. Whilst cost saving is still a real driver for any outsourcing arrangement, the use of outsourcing has matured and has become a powerful tool for driving business change.
What we do for our clients
Our outsourcing team is a specialist unit which forms part of our wider commercial practice. The team was recently awarded Outsourcing Advisor of the Year by the National Outsourcing Association in the UK. We have an enviable track record having worked on some of the largest outsourcing deals of recent years.
Eversheds demonstrated a strong innovative approach, which brings together a number of services to help their clients understand and manage risk, protect their legal position and track progress when implementing outsourcing contracts.
National Outsourcing Association
Our focus is always on the key commercial drivers behind any outsourcing transaction and managing the risk appropriately, concentrating on areas such as service delivery, pricing and ensuring flexibility is embedded into the relationship. What is key in the current market is extracting value from the relationship, and our advice always helps deliver that value.
Innovation in your sector
Eversheds has developed a series of tools designed to make outsourcings more efficient and easier to manage, including:
- Legal risk paper – we appreciate that outsourcings involve risk and that key stakeholders need to be made aware of the risks. We frequently report on the risks and their mitigation prior to signature and can prepare a risk paper for your Board to review, as part of its risk assessment and approval process.
- Issues log – we provide an issues log to assist with negotiations which allocates responsibilities, flags timelines, tracks negotiating positions and allows the project team to sort issues and keep track of the overall deal.
- Living the contract – we provide a post contract knowledge transfer to the retained function, plus education in how to avoid the regular traps.
Our experience demonstrates our ability and expertise in the largest, most demanding and complex outsourcing transactions, including the following:
- Advising HSBC on a major facilities outsourcing agreement with real estate services giant Jones Lang LaSalle. The five-year agreement spanned more than 50 jurisdictions and sees Jones Lang become HSBC’s sole outsourcing provider of facilities management services across its global real estate portfolio. As well as leading on the drafting and negotiation of the Global Agreement, Eversheds remains responsible for the ongoing project of putting into effect the network of local agreements across all jurisdictions.
- Advising Anglo American on a multimillion dollar extension of its global managed networked IT services contract with British Telecommunications plc. The contract covers all Anglo American’s networking requirements at several hundred locations around the world and is valued at approximately US$220 million over the next 5 years. Under the renegotiated global deal, which extends the relationship between BT and Anglo American for several years, BT will provide global voice and data network services in over 15 jurisdictions, including the UK, Brazil, Australia, South Africa, Chile, India and Peru.
- Advising WNS (Holdings) Limited on a multi-year $1 billion business process outsource (BPO) contract. WNS acquired Aviva’s offshore operations, Aviva Global Services, for a cash consideration of £115 million, including business process operations in India and Sri Lanka that comprised over 5,800 seats. The organisations also entered into a Master Services Agreement, under which WNS was appointed the exclusive long-term strategic BPO service provider to Aviva’s UK and Canadian business.
Commercial Law InView
The work we undertake in Eversheds Commercial group is wide ranging and so we thought it would be helpful to introduce the team on screen in our dedicated video gallery, Commercial Law InView.
Working with HSBC – a case study
In a series of new commercial law videos we introduce lawyers from nine specialist areas who set out how our commercial legal team can help you.
|To view the full Commercial Law InView video gallery click here|
- An agile approach – The flexible solution for outsourcing contracts
- Dr. Alexander Niethammer als bester deutscher Anwalt für IT & Internet mit dem Client Choice Award 2016 ausgezeichnet
- Eversheds Alexander Niethammer named Germany’s best IT & Internet counsel at ILO Client Choice Awards
- Financial institutions: are you Cloud-ready?
- £1.3m fine for outsourcing failures at Raphaels Bank