What is it?
respect@work is an online course that can be used to train employees on the importance of equal opportunities policies, complaint procedures and the implications of inappropriate behaviour.
Why is this important?
Employment tribunals expect employers to take all reasonable steps to prevent harassment and discrimination, so this course can help you limit the risk arising from inappropriate workplace behaviour. It may also help to reduce your employer liability premiums.
Real case studies are used to illustrate the implications of bad practice, including damage to the health of employees, to the reputation of the organisation and individuals, and the impact on morale. While the content takes account of the latest anti-discrimination legislation and codes of practice, the law and legal concepts are only referred to where absolutely necessary. The learner can access the law if they really want to.
The objectives of this course are to:
- illustrate your organisation's commitment to a workplace in which people are treated with respect
- outline how equality laws in the UK underpin this commitment
- demonstrate the role of the manager in achieving a fairer workplace
- explain examples of unlawful and unfair treatment, including harassment
- explain your policy for reporting inappropriate behaviour
- identify an appropriate response to employee complaints of unfair treatment
- explain the consequences of inappropriate behaviour, both for the individual and for your organisation.
About the course
This course is:
- interactive, requiring the learner to answer questions on real situations
- focused on good practice, not the law
- written by an HR professional who is also a practising employment lawyer
- based on recent cases and situations encountered by Eversheds' leading team of employment lawyers
- delivered over the web (hosted on Eversheds' Learning Management System) and therefore independent of a purchaser's internal IT infrastructure
- updated as the law changes
- specific to your culture: customisation is easy.
It could be used:
- as part of induction and orientation, and for promotion candidates
- as an audit check using the assessment results to identify attitudes and awareness, and further training needs.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at all employers for use by all employees. Recognising that managers and supervisors have additional responsibilities, there is an optional managers' version.
The benefits of e-learning
- Flexible and convenient - learners participate when they choose and at their own pace. The course can be taken on any PC with an internet connection
- Efficient and inexpensive - this course enables you to train large numbers of people simultaneously or in a short time period, irrespective of whether they work shifts or in dispersed locations
- Backed by records and reports - through the learning management system you can track each learner's progress on the course and see when the course was taken, the duration and the assessment results.
For details of this product and customisation options contact our specialist, download our brochure or complete the registration form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements.