Forthcoming events and seminars
Introduction to UAE Employment Law (excluding DIFC)
Who should attend
This course is relevant to international HR managers and directors in the UK who have responsibility for employees in the UAE. It will also be useful to managers and directors who anticipate entering the UAE market and who need to be aware of their responsibilities to their people.
Increasing numbers of HR professionals have responsibility for employees working in the Gulf and the United Arab Emirates in particular. This course provides a general overview of the employment law and administrative procedures in the UAE excluding Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
There is a common misconception that employees in the region have few employment rights. While it is true that the potential cost exposures for employers are apparently less than, say Europe, there are business continuity consequences and reputational risks to consider.
This course will provide:
- an overview of employment law in the UAE (including freezones, other than the DIFC)
- explanation of visas and immigration issues
- reconciling secondment arrangements with a legal system that does not recognise them
- composition of the workforce.
Cultural awareness issues in business will be addressed throughout this course.
Summary of UAE labour law
- employment contracts
- key areas such as entitlement to end of service gratuity, holidays, sick leave, maternity rights, working hours and disciplinary action
- recruitment, what to be aware of and recommended approaches
- termination, pitfalls and risks.
Visa and immigration issues
- mainland and freezone – what does this distinction mean?
- operating from the region without having a legal presence – ‘work arounds’?
- local recruits
- international secondments
- UAE national employees.
Employment rights in the UAE
- potential cost exposures for employers
- employees rights
- complaints to the Ministry of Labour
- risks to employers.
- to what extent should employers be preparing their employees?
- diversity, how does this operate in the UAE?
- what is the level of risk and how can this be minimised?
Cost: £479All prices are exclusive of VAT
Group discount:10% discount for delegate 2 and subsequent delegates.
Online discount:5% if booked online.
CPD points: 6
Select a date
Annual training course brochure
You can open an interactive version of our training course brochure. Alternatively, to order your free copy and/or to add your name to our mailing list to receive regular course updates, complete our training request form.