Diversity at Eversheds
Diversity and inclusion refers to the similarities and differences that exist between people. This includes not only race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity but also social and educational background, nationality, marital status and family or care responsibilities. It acknowledges that most individuals do not belong to a single identity group but, in most cases, to several.
Appreciating diversity means demonstrably valuing and respecting our people, our clients and our community for all identity groups.
Our diversity steering committee, with the approval of the executive and the board, has agreed on the following key principles to align with our strategy.
- Recruit, promote and retain at all levels within our business talented individuals embracing the benefits this will bring from a wide mix of backgrounds.
- Demonstrate excellence in leading, managing and working with diversity both internally and externally.
- Ensure our people are engaged and accountable at all levels in achieving our vision on diversity and inclusion.
- Provide an equally positive experience for all our people wherever they are based.
- Ensure that we work with our client base meeting their expectations on diversity.
- Understand that diversity is welcomed as an opportunity and a differentiator by our clients.
- Enter into new markets and increase our share of existing ones.
- Work with our suppliers of products and services to help them understand and become familiar with diversity and inclusion at Eversheds and where appropriate measure and assess their commitment.
- Provide accommodation that is accessible to all and offers privacy for those who wish to observe their faith.
- Consider the appropriate provision of food, drink and entertainment.
- Aim to reflect the diversity of our local communities.