Website terms and conditions
These terms, as amended by us from time to time, set out the basis on which you may use this website and also provide information about the way we provide services. By using this website you are indicating your acceptance of these terms.
This is the website of Eversheds. Eversheds is the collective name for an international legal practice comprising of Eversheds LLP, members of Eversheds International Limited (which includes Eversheds LLP) and affiliated undertakings. Each member of Eversheds International Limited and affiliated undertakings is a separate and distinct legal entity. Eversheds International Limited does not provide legal services and all legal services are provided by Eversheds LLP and/or one or more of the other members of Eversheds International Limited or affiliated undertakings.
Eversheds LLP is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The LLP comprises 10 offices in the UK (London, Birmingham, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Ipswich, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Nottingham) and 10 offices outside the UK which are either wholly owned, supervised or controlled by the LLP (Abu Dhabi/UAE, Amman/Jordan, Baghdad/Iraq, Doha/Qatar, Dubai/UAE, Hong Kong/China, Paris/France, Riyadh/Saudi Arabia, Shanghai/China, and Singapore City/Singapore). The Managing Partner of Eversheds LLP is Lee Ranson.
In addition to the Eversheds LLP offices, the members of Eversheds International Limited (EIL) have offices in:
Eversheds International Limited has practices in a number of jurisdictions worldwide, these practices and the lawyers working there are subject to the rules of various professional regulatory bodies according to the jurisdiction in which each office is based.
On this website and generally where there is a reference to "partner" this indicates a member of Eversheds LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or an individual with equivalent status in a member of Eversheds International Limited. A list of members (and of the non members who are designated as partners) of the undertakings which make up Eversheds International Limited is available on request.
Reliance on Information posted
This website contains general information and does not constitute advice on any specific legal or other professional matter. Information on this website is current as at the date of publication and does not necessarily reflect the present law or regulations. Eversheds does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from accessing or reliance on information published on this website.
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior consent. To obtain such consent please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eversheds' approach to bribery and corruption is one of zero tolerance. All people within Eversheds are required to act honestly and with integrity at all times and must not offer or receive gifts and hospitality that could improperly influence, or be perceived to influence, business decision making. We will not directly or indirectly engage in bribery or corruption in any form.
Everyone in Eversheds is required to comply with relevant anti-bribery laws and regulations, We expect all our business partners to have similar policies which apply to all matters involving Eversheds or its clients.Please contact the General Counsel of Eversheds LLP, Angela Robertson if you have any concerns or queries in this area.
Use of this website and the legal notices contained on the website shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and all parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We may collect the following information
- Information you provide by completing forms on the website, including information you give us when registering on our website, subscribing to services or submitting material or requesting further information;
- Information you provide if you contact us for example an email address
- Details of visits made to our website, for further information see section on Cookies below.
- Information supplied for recruitment purposes. If you apply for a vacancy or submit your curriculum vitae through this website you will provide information about yourself which may include Sensitive Personal Data, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998. By submitting this information you are expressly consenting to us using this information to asses your application and to allow us to carry out monitoring activities required of us as an equal opportunities employer. Information supplied for recruitment purposes will not be used for marketing purposes.
Use of your information
The information provided will be used
- to provide this website and any of our other services to you
- provide services to clients where this requires processing your information on their behalf
- improve this website and our services
- for internal business administration including fulfilling any legal requirements
- to provide you with information and services that you request from us or where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes providing you with information which we feel may be of interest to you
- recruitment/selection procedures.
Disclosure of your information
Your information will not be disclosed to unrelated third parties except as otherwise provided for in this Policy.
As an international law firm, in order to provide this website and other services we may need to transfer your information to locations outside the jurisdiction in which you are viewing this website. This may include transferring your information to jurisdictions outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) where the law may provide less protection for personal information.
In addition we may disclose your information to third parties where:
- you have consented for us to do so
- we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example to comply with anti-money laundering regulations)
- we merge, re-organise or transfer all or part of our business in which case your information will be disclosed to potential or actual successors of the business;
- we use third party service providers to provide services that involve data processing (where we use service providers we will ensure the appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your information).
The internet is not a secure medium, however, Eversheds is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to secure information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorised access or disclosure. Where we use third parties to provide related services involving information you supply, we require them meet appropriate security standards.
Cookies and IP addresses
Eversheds uses technology to collect information about the use of the Website and to distinguish you from other users of our websites in order to improve your experience when you browse the Website.
Third party Websites
This Website may contain links that make it easy for users to visit other websites. If the user uses the links to leave the Website and visit a website operated by a third party, Eversheds does not have any control over that website. Accordingly, Eversheds cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which users have provided while visiting such websites. Users should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you, if you would like to request a copy of your information or would like to change the information we hold about you please contact contact email@example.com.
Further details about our data protection obligations and your rights to access or modify your information are set out at www.eversheds.com/usefulinformation.
At any time if you would prefer to stop receiving marketing materials from us please use the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material.
Status of this Policy
Your use constitutes acceptance of the terms of this policy as amended by us from time to time.
The materials contained on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal of other professional advice. No member of Eversheds International Limited, which includes Eversheds LLP accepts any responsibility or liability to users or any third parties in relation to the use of the materials or their contents.
Subject to the following, contents of these pages are the copyright of the respective members of Eversheds International Limited, including Eversheds LLP.
Copies of materials from this site may be used for your personal use for information purposes and may be distributed to third parties for their personal use provided that:
- you do so free of charge
- the content of the material and the copyright notices remain intact;
- you agree that the communication of the materials will not be misleading, inaccurate, used for any illegal purpose or in a manner that would bring us into disrepute;
- you inform the third party that these terms apply and the third party agrees to comply with these terms.
You may not republish or distribute any material available on this website or create a link to any part of this website for any commercial purpose without our prior written consent which can be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright in some materials available on this website belong to third parties (Third Party Documents) and such materials have been produced on this website with the permission of the third party copyright owners. Unless otherwise specified you may not copy or distribute or otherwise make available or communicate to the public any part of a Third Party Document or use it for any commercial purpose.