+44 207 919 4686
+44 776 644 0997
- Tax planning and consultancy
Ben is a partner in our London tax team. He specialises in and has wide experience of the taxation issues relevant to international and domestic corporate transactions and the commercial activities of corporate entities.
Ben’s recent experience includes:
- advising a US client on its $5bn acquisition of a UK-headquartered international software company;
- advising a FTSE 100 listed international mining and natural resources group on a £2bn joint venture arrangement with the world’s largest cement manufacturer, including associated group restructurings and £285m corporate disposal;
- advising a leading UK infrastructure and support services group on its £221m takeover by a large listed UK construction company, effected by way of a scheme of arrangement;
- advising the UK’s leading dairy foods company on its £344m disposal of its French business to a private equity purchaser;
- advising a large insurance client on the outsourcing of its asset management function;
- advising a Euronext listed special purpose acquisition company on its £4bn acquisition and restructuring of a UK based closed-life assurance business consolidator;
- advising both corporate and pension trustee clients on various asset backed pension contribution structures;
- advising a large fund administrator on high value stock lending arrangements;
- advising an Asian-based client on the acquisition of a prominent London hotel business;
- advising a US-based global fund manager on its international employee mobility arrangements.
Ben also has particular expertise advising in respect of all types of private equity investment and regularly provides tax structuring and transactional advice on buyouts, disposals and bolt-on acquisitions, acting both for management and for private equity sponsors.
Ben is a regular contributor to tax and legal publications and provides expert commentary on tax issues in the international press, with recent coverage in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, Reuters, the Times and the Telegraph.
In addition, Ben lectures tax professionals on corporate taxation issues at the University of Law, London.