- Banking and finance
- Real estate
- Tax planning and consultancy
Ben is a partner in the Qatar office and moved to Doha in 2008.
Ben has worked on aircraft and ship finance, project finance, real estate and corporate lending work, both Shari'ah compliant and conventional, for borrowers and lenders, and on syndicated and bilateral bases. He is also experienced in Shari'ah compliant and conventional sovereign and corporate debt capital market issues in the region.
Ben joined Eversheds in September 2012 and has previously advised:
- Doha Bank on its US$2,000 million EMTN programme and issue of US$500 million notes under that programme;
- a UAE entity in connection with its US$1,000 million Shari'ah compliant debt restructuring;
- Lombard on US$40 million and US$50 million Shari'ah compliant jet financings;
- syndicates of regional lenders including Qatar National Bank, Samba Financial Group, International Bank of Qatar and Al Khaliji on US$430 million and US$215 million rig financings;
- Standard Chartered Bank on a US$75 million mezzanine financing to Jawad Group; and
- the issuer and managers on US$3,000 million and US$7,000 million State of Qatar sovereign bond issuances and a US$3,500 million State of Qatar guaranteed corporate bond issuance.